FEMA awarded the FY17 HSGP grant to Georgia on September 15, 2017. Subrecipients selected for an award will receive an award letter and contract from GEMA/HS within the next few weeks. Subrecipients are reminded not to begin any purchasing until they receive a signed and fully executed contract from GEMA/HS.
The grant is a reimbursement grant. Subrecipients will make authorized purchases in accordance with their approved budget worksheet and submit requests for reimbursement to GEMA/HS Preparedness Grants Unit in accordance with their contract instructions.
Sustainment of current programs and Local Projects that align with and sustain the Statewide Priorities were given first priority. Not all projects/applicants that applied received funding. When information regarding the next HSGP grant (FY18) is released to GEMA/HS, it will be posted here.
• Georgia Search and Rescue sustainment and equipment
• Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention equipment and activities
• Regional deployable Interoperable communications equipment (P25 compliant)- NOT new fixed systems
• CBRNE protective response and mitigation equipment (for qualified teams)
• IED/EOD Detection & Deterrence through FBI Accredited Bomb Squads and approved K9 detection teams
• Law Enforcement SRT/SWAT response to acts of terrorism (NO weapons or weapon accessories)
• HazMat/WMD response to acts of terrorism
• Georgia State Fusion Center/ Information Sharing and Analysis
• Active Shooter Preparedness & Response
• Citizen Preparedness/Citizen Corps Program (CCP)
Thank you for your continued partnership in the increasing the overall preparedness and capability of Georgia’s Public Safety